No Words: Head and shoulders portrait

arnabdas

Eric, photo.net's software checks the horizontal pixel dimention of attached images, but somehow it does not check the size of the files (in terms of number of bytes) or vertical pixel count. And more and more have broadband access in these days, so the suggested size limit may be adjusted accordingly over time. As long as it is not too excessive, we don't bother.

If we pick on every image that is 1 pixel too wide or 1 byte too large, I am sure we would have gotten a lot of complaints also. We are in a no win situation; I hope you understand that.

Eric, 511 pixels is photo.net's site-wide standard. I agree that it is on the small side nowadays. Again, technology is changing rapidly and those standards should be adjusted accordingly. Unfortunately, I do not control photo.net's software and I wouldn't have time to fix it anyway. If you have suggestions, please post them to the Feedback Forum. Whether your suggestions will be acted upon is another issue, though.

Sorry guys but for over 10 years I have been a sucker for bandwidth. I let the rest of the world feel the need for higher-speed internet access. If it were not for me, you'd never see the broadband.

This page loads in a second on my laptop over wireless from the other room.

Terrific images, guys. Mark -- the pelican pops right out of the screen.