Any one shoot with a Pentax ZX-7

laura_keane

Okay, when you set the camera to M (manual) it only allows you to set the camera at Tv (which is shutter speed. The Av is apeture. Does it matter what the Av is set on if you have your lens locked on A which the camera sets as automatic. Mine is always set at Av 8.0 I am so nervous that I screwed up a wedding last week because I changed the Av to 5.6 HELP!!

Your response on how the camera only lets you set in in TV mode when you shoot in M has me completely lost. However, if you are saying that you shot at 5.6 instead of your normal 8.0 with all other things being equal, you should be just fine. Even if you overexposed the film by one stop, it can handle it easily. Relax.

If I understand you correctly, you set the camera on Manual, then you let the camera set the aperture and it always selects f/8? I hope I've got that wrong and that you realize on Manual <i>you</i> have to set the aperture to whatever you want, the camera will not do it for you. The last aperture setting was f/8 and that's where it will stay until you change it.<p>On Manual, first set the shutter speed with the little toggle thingy around the shutter button. Then, press the little button on the side of the lens mount (I think it has a little +/- symbol and Av beside it) and adjust the aperture with the toggle thingy while holding down that button. Adjust the shutter and the aperture until the meter indicates correct exposure (or whatever you want to set them to), then shoot.<p>This might be a good time to review the instruction manual (available on Pentax's website if you've lost yours).