Yeah, baby ...

Fred: that type-1 rigid in screwmount for the Canon is kind of a rare and pricey collector's item, is it not? I guess the people who harp on cameras as being just tools would like to see the Smithsonian dismantled too? After all it's just a collection of items that aren't being used for what they were designed to originally.

Frederick; I clicked on all your links and am at this point exhausted from my virtual visit to Notre Dame, Ste Chapelle, and the Tower of London which I have just taken through your wonderful pictures. I don't know where I was in October when you made those threads. Grateful for the second chance.

Also Trevor Hare's participation was crucial. I clicked on his links and expanded my understanding of that period in English history, having just recently read Simon Schama's three books. He's quite right that the old kings of England put the Mafia and Latin American dictators to shame(thoughI was surprised to read his sour opinions on the royal family).

Anyway you (and he) are a treasure to this forum, and your old and new precision instruments are a pleasure to look at.