Buyin EOS 10 next week?

jcs56

Hello:

I actually using film, actually I will be using high ISO because I do

some photo at theater plays. but I have decide to buy an EOS10D, I

have many lenses, I also have a flash EZ430 (first generation). I

know I will not any problem with my SLR EOS lenses in EOS 10d or 20D.

Can you tell me about the flash? I am also very interested in memory

cards recommendation.

Any other recommendations will be appreciated. I have to keep my

order below the $1,000 dollars because the import taxes. I will buy

all this gear next week.

Tank you in advance and greetings from Mexico City.

Jose

Jose, I congratulate you on your purchase, whether it be 10d or 20d, both great cameras. I will offer what I have learned with my own 20d and flashes. The unfortunate part is that both the 10d and 20d operate with their flashes in an e-ttl mode which is not going to be compatible with your ez model flash unfortunately. The ex series flashes by canon will work fine but not the ez. You can do some playing around with the ez430 you have to get it to work whilst your camera is in manual mode, you would do the metering. This proves to be a pain in the but imo. The 420 ex from canon goes for about $175-200 usd. It is a fully automatic flash and does all the thinking for you which may be to your liking or disliking. Theres now a 430ex which will run you a bit more but has improved performance with the e-ttl 2 (20d) and also has manual controls. The 550ex is good and goes from fully auto to fully manual as does the top of the list: 580ex; bigger number the more bucks$. All well within your budget of $1000 or less.

Memory cards, You will prob. get many opinions which I'm sure will all be good. Cards are dif in speed and size. They are also either compactflash or microdrives. The compactflash are the way to go as far as durability and dependability. The microdrives are famous for their comparitively low prices and fragility. Memory is mega cheap anymore so i would go for the flash cards in the 1 - 2 gig range then stock up. High read/write speeds can be found on sandisk/lexar cards as wll as others and are nice if you are shooting action shots which means you will exceed the buffer space in your camera and then be held up by the time it takes for the pics to be written to your card. The buffer on your 10d was, I believe, 10raw images? For casual shooting you will not need the super fast cards but it wont hurt to have them If you need them at some point specially if they can be had for a fair price. I have a couple of relatively inexpensive cards that write as slow as 40x which work fine for me. I would say at your dimly lit theaters you may not need a fast card. Lexar and Sandisk are the more trusted names in the bus. Kingston cards are good and cheap. Hope this helps. And enjoy your new camera.

-Scott

Hola Jose, si te es posible puedes comprar una 300D (lo mismo que Digital Rebel) por menos de $500.00. Las funciones de esta camara son las mismas que la de una 10D solo que esta construida de plastico. En caso de que si quieras la 10D B&H la tiene nueva por 799.95. puedes tambien conseguir en Flash EX420 y la tarjeta de memoria puede ser de 512mb y 40X en velocidad ya que ninguna de estas dos camaras escribe mas rapido que eso a su memoria.

En caso de que te interese la 20D, ya ese tipo de camara cuesta nueva $1149.95 en B&H pero puedes conseguir la Rebel XP que tiene casi las mismas funciones y tiene la misma resolucion que la 20D por $809.95. Te recomendarí¡ el mismo flash pero la memoria para tendria que ser un poco mas, al menos 1GB y en el caso de la 20D deberí¡³ conseguirla con una velocidad de 80X debido a que es una camara bien rapida.

espero que te funcione esto.

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=417056&is=REG&addedTroughType=search">Canon 10D</a>

<p>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=417048&is=REG&addedTroughType=search">Canon 20D</a>

<p>

<a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=417064&is=REG&addedTroughType=search">Digital Rebel XP</a>

<p>

I feal Eos 10D is a stronger body, EOS10 have ISO 3200, short bufer, I also worried about bateries capacites in the other hand, 350 is faster and have more MGP, faster bufer.

It is sad to know about the flash.

Hard decition.... descicion dificil...

I will tink a litle more..

Gracias por tu sugerencia, despues de revisar un rato creo que voy a decidirme por la EOS10D, la opcion que me dabas de la Rebel la considere por un buen rato pero tengo una camara mas profesional con la 10 D, a veces hago foto de estudio y prefiero sacrificar en MPixeles.

La 20 esta fuera de mi presupuesto (a menos que veamos un anuncio dramatico en estos dias que la haga bajar unos 200 dolares para que quede en mi presupuesto).

Un saludo