I have my own 5D with memory cards, 28-135mm IS lens (and also a 50mm

prime just in case). On the personal side, I'm professional, very

attentive to details (sometimes bordering with pedantic :-) and

courteous. Have my own transportation.<p>If interested, please email

to alex@astfoto.com

<p>

Best regards

Alex

There's no doubting your photographic ability from what I've seen. Now you just need to learn the craft of wedding photography. It's part salesman, part diplomat, part dictator( a very small part )and in some cases, part referee! At the back of all these is the part you like best - part photographer. Lots of good photographers make bad wedding photographers because they get these in the wrong order.

Keep in mind - the bride and groom are the most important people there; not you, not the bride's mother, not even the bride's dad who's picking up the bill. Everyone is looking to enjoy the day, so contribute to that, don't detract from it. By balancing and juggling the parts it's possible to have the photo shoot run exactly as you want while everyone else thinks it's running the way THEY want.

Many thanks to everybody who took time to respond! I am still available so please don't take this post as if I'm closing the topic. I just felt I need to respond to all of you folks :-)<p>

Lisa, there is a good possibility I may end up in Turners Falls later this year (if I finally get guts for this head-in jump ;-) I think you would have little trouble recruiting some excellent shooters from there

<p>Dave, thank you and yes, you are right about the craft. That's why I'm looking to assist first, before ruining someone's wedding on my own :-)

<p>Also, I will try to use word "pedantic" more often :-)<p>

Alex

• 2 months later...

Alex,

I'm looking for an assistant/ 2nd shooter for a wedding Aug 19th 2006 in Silver Spring, Maryland.

www.gulickphotography.com e-mail: amanda@developingconcepts.com

I've been shooting weddings for over 7 years on my own, and always use an assistant, but prefer to have another viewpoint in the wedding without all the moving around.

Thanks, Amanda