Request advice on advert for yellow pages

waynelittle

Totally agree with Eric - it looks confusing.

Suggest the second one is better - is it not usually the bride's family that pays the bills for this ? Forgive me for saying it but the first one could be taken to mean that the groom ( or whoever he is ) has already enjoyed the benefits of the nuptials :)

I like it, the second bride version.

About your tele number, and not because you have a UK phone number, but because when I put my tele info on a card and did not put any periods, dots, dash...everyone I knew had a fit and screamed about the numbers being difficult to read without their proper markers! Well don't like dashes in tele numbers so I put periods and my friends and critics claimed it was easier to read.

Getting better I think. I agree that the Bride shot is better for an ad - because the buying decisions are usually made by the Bride and women like looking at pictures of other women...

Is your ad going to be in white knockout? If not, it might be an idea to print it on yellow and see how it looks. Bear in mind that although YP insist on 600 dpi the quality is poor, you may find that a plainer and heavier font is needed and that the fancy border to the photo gets lost

Design is pretty okay especially the second bride. Lots of typefaces narrow those down to 2 and very the weights with bold and talic.

I have an issue with cre8, c u L8tr, un4tunate. It all looks like instant messenger style, gangbanger, dummed down language. The very ghetto centric crap I badger my kid to stop using. Too gimmicky to be in your add. And what does 8 have to do with cre ate ivity?

w8 awhile and think it over.

Before you spend money on this ad, do a quick survey of your recent brides and ask them how they found you. Then ask them when they last looked in the phone book. Whatever their response is to the first question, put more money into that. Whatever their response is to the second question, should tell you whether or not you should place an ad in the phone book. I'm going to take a stab and say unless you're in a very rural area, most people don't use the phone book anymore.

Once upon a time, here in the US, we were given a Phone Book, that had yellow pages. At some point, that changed, and umpteen different companies started publishing their own Yellow Pages, many of which simply do not have everyone listed, and therefore tend to go in the dumpster. I don't know your situation, but if it's similar, the ad might be less useful than you imagine.

And, I don't know where you are, but if that book gets distributed anywhere that you don't want to shoot (IE, it covers a bigger area than you do), you need to show your location in the ad.

Lastly, I assume you have an answering machine or answering service or some way to make sure that calls to that number actually get answered.

A great ( or should that be Gr8 ) big thank you to all. I welcome all of your comments and find them all very constructive. I am having second thoughts with regard to the yellow pages.

I am trying to come across as modern, so use the text message style name to this end. However I got the idea from the infinity symbol and merged the two together.

Just put this together, I want it to be clean and modern. Perhaps I will use this in my new web design ? thoughts welcomed..

regards wayne.

I like that last logo- very modern and dare I say "edgy" too! It presents more of a

commercial photographer image. So if you're going for modern.. how is it that the yellow

pages (not very modern) fit into that strategy? Perhaps a better investment would be

toward some web coverage if you're interested in attracting a modern crowd :-)