continuous shooting

Hey,

Would I use the continuous shooting setting@ night?(football games) Thats what

I have been using w/P mode for day/indoor shots. The glare off the helmets and

the movement just made one big blur w/my last camera(Sony 5 megapixel) If any 1

has any ideas for settings I can try that'd B gr8. Thanks

Matt

You'll need something that can handle a faster shutter speed under those conditions. That's the best I can tell you based on the info provided. Also, I'd avoid using the Instant Messenger lingo in your future posts. It makes a lenghty post difficult to read or take seriously.

I doubt if continuous shooting will help with your problem. Firstly you need to use the highest ISO setting the camera is capable of, and the camera will automatically select the correct exposure for the subject. That you complain that the players are blurred suggests to me that you are holding the camera fairly steady which is probably good. The problem is that there is not enough light for your camera to make an exposure at a shutter speed which in turn freezes the action. If you have an editing programme it is possible to work in manual and deliberately under-expose, using a shutter speed which will freeze the action such as 1/125, maybe 1/250 would be needed, and then lift the results in editing using levels or curves tools but if this is done to any extent you loose quality badly.