New Delhi bomb blast photos

hi michael,

just came across this photo whilst trawling photonet. I was there at the bombing and this was one of the scenes i clearly remember preceeded by a rickshaw racing past with it's roof blown away. It has rather brought it all back for me.

I should be very interested in seeing more shots as and when you post them.

thannkyou...kieran barry

Hey Kieran Barry, Wow that's crazy that you were there to, I do remember the auto

rickshaw with the roof blown off of it, I actually have a photo of that as well. I posted 3

other photos up on this site and I think you can find them by clicking on my name and

following the threads. I have some more photos of the bomb blast but I did not post

them up here, I am curious, did you take any photos of it? When I look at my contact

sheet and I see the photos that I took in that market minutes before the blast , I get a

weird feeling in my stomach. I remember seeing people covered in blood and running

away and I kept thinking that another bomb might go off any second but for some reason I

stayed and kept shooting. Since you were there, I am sure you can recall how hectic

everything was, I tried my best to photograph the situation but it was difficult, a part of

me wanted to run away with everybody else and then the photographer part in me was

thinking about composition, metering, focusing and shutter speeds....and just hoping that

I could do this justice...well it would be nice to hear from you...regards, michael bialecki