Fiji Kadavu (more pics Tri-X)

robovet

Here are some kids from the Village near Dive Kadavu Resort in Fiji. I sure

wish digital ice would work on Tri-X, I spend a lot of time healing out the

scratches and specs after scanning. By the way the Nikon 9000 does a fabulous

job. I had a well respected lab in Hollywood make some wet prints and I like

the ones I made scanned with the Nikon and printed with Epson 4800 on

Hanamuhle paper better (more shadow detail).<div>00Hid4-31846284.jpg.b365eddbbae1e4c04417b498cf7d271c.jpg</div>

Nice photos.

Clean the negs before scanning and you won`t have to spot scans. The scanning room needs to be dust free (room air filter) and the scanner stored in a dust free fashion (covered).

If the dirt etc is imbedded in the film, you need to clean up the darkroom, get clean glass storage bottles, install water and air filters, and learn not to reuse any film developing chemicals.

Those are the secrets. Stop the problem at the source, and do not treat symptoms.

Bill,

I tried XP2 once and didn't seem to like the tones as much as Tri-x. I think I'll try some more rolls. I've done some playing around with converting my canon 5D files to B& W, but it just isn't as satisfying as Tri-x (especially with a red or orange filter) straight out of a wide open Leica/M lens.<div>00HihK-31847684.jpg.0263313916e45b2e79167dfce3489836.jpg</div>

Like you, Marc, I prefer the look of tri-x and other conventioanl b&w film to the look of chromogenic b&w film. I process my own b&w film and use canned air to remove dust from the neg just before enlarging it on a diffused-light enlarger. Luckily for me, the prints usually show few spots.