Epson 1290 and Epson Archival Matte Paper

I have recently bought an Epson 1290 printer and I'm planning to get a

printer profile built having had only bad results not using one. I

have been looking around this web site for good advice on which

printer/ink/paper combination to use. I would like to get some

suggestions on what fellow 1280/1290 users have been using.

HOWEVER possibly a little hastily today I purchased Epson Archival

Matte Paper having read positive things about it.

I'm sure I'd read that this can be used with the Epson 1290 however

I'm only 50% sure.

Does anyone use such a combination?

David, I have been using Epson Enhanced Matte and Epson Matte Paper-Heavyweight almost exclusively with my Epson 1280 printer (with Epson inks) and the results are consistently good. I have been very happy with the prints. I like the look of Enhanced Matte best but use the Matte Paper-Heavyweight for extended life. I have been using the profiles from Epson's website and don't see the need for anything more. The colors have been sufficiently accurate.

Joe, Which profiles are these. Could you post a URL please?

The profiles I have ever been able to find for the Epson 1290 were off the Epson Australia website contained within a zip called sp1290.zip.

I think there may have once been more profiles available but they were taken down.

Anyway a URL so I can take a look would be great. Thanks.

David, I reviewed my setup and what I am doing is using a "proofing profile" that I think was provided with the latest Epson driver but I am not sure. I recall some time back reading that Epson had posted some profiles for the 1280 printer. Today I can only find print profiles for the Epson ColorLife paper. The proofing profile that I use is named "ee151__1.icm" and at least allows me to preview for color changes and out of gamut colors. Either I am just lucky that the colors produced meet my needs or your needs are more demanding than mine.