M2aD Project, The gory details

huw_finney

A picture of my M2 with the bandsawed off back section. Also the film

gate has been drilled and filed to be big enough for my sensor and

carrier, if you look closely you will see file marks on the shutter

strip this removed the capping bit so it will clear the glass on the

sensor. All back together and still working!<div>00F5Yy-27889584.jpg.142870b68e9a9aabe4a1ea397e28d1f8.jpg</div>

Trevor,

Possibly in Germany but not here (UK) yet, even if it was would that stop me? Have you noticed there is only legislation for things that can be policed.

Every one else,

Enough ranting, all parts have arrived now and the PCB design is nearing completion. What fun! The next big bit is the FPGA logic, no pictures (unless you want one of me thinking) of that.

I really don't care if the moderators invented an entirely new WindBag icon just to avoid the overwhelmingly popular response to my original proposal (see this thread):

<p>

http://www.photo.net/bboard/q-and-a-fetch-msg?msg_id=00DjNy

<p>

It is now clear that Huw Finney Absolutely Deserves a Hero Icon for creative ingenuity, madness and down right entertainment value he delivers to Photo.Net! This latest Mad Project should be sufficient evidence.

<p>

I re-rest my case.

<p>

Owen

Owen W. wrote:<I> It is now clear that Huw Finney Absolutely Deserves a Hero Icon for creative ingenuity, madness and down right entertainment value he delivers to Photo.Net! This latest Mad Project should be sufficient evidence. </I>

<P>

I agree with Owen. This project goes well beyond ordinary lunacy to the realm of complete madness, the zone where true genius is found.

I like Craig's idea of television. And it's feasible.

An inexpensive little computer-top web camera can capture audio and video more than adequate for us, and Huw could do a couple 30-second bits -- either 'live' or 'dramatic reenactments' -- for the best parts.

It would not be a scientific documentary, but it would be a blast.

What Huw deserves is success. I can't imagine a little icon would have that much appeal to a fellow as self-sufficient as him. The rest of us are sheep. What we all want is a kit, or an address to send an M for modification.

I'm not normally a film doomster, but I walked into Silverprint in London yesterday and learned that they don't stock bulk rolls of Delta 100 because only one other customer ever buys them. That did depress me.

<<Have you noticed there is only legislation for things that can be policed>>

Huw, you were kidding, right?

I can see it now, the ceiling parts, the camera slowly rises on it pedestal into the raging

thunder storm. Huw throws the contact switches. Chemicals boil, Jacob ladders spark

mightily, Igor cowers in fear as lightening bolts make direct hits ... wham, wham, WHAM!

IT'S ALIVE .....