Mamiya rb67 645 back question

greenstphotography

Howdy Andrew. There is no idicator in the viewfinder that you are using the 645 back. Remember that the film will be exposed with a preference for the vertical. What I have done is make a cardboard template with a cutout for the 4.5x6 negative and fit this to the ground glass in the wl finder. Not very pretty but works for me. The rb67 Pro S. has a red mask under the ground glass but this is only availabe when shooting horizontal; this disappears if you rotate the back.

I've seen viewscreens with the 6x4.5 crop marks for each orientation. If you pick up a used screen, you can do the same thing with a drafting pen. The crop bars will tell you if you're in portrait or landscape.

• 9 months later...

Hi everybody. I am new to this forum, I run the Norita 66 forum on delphiforums.com

I just purchased on ebay an RB 67 Pro SD and looking at the product brochure I picked up many years ago at a trade show Mamiya had offered a 220 roll film version of the 645 back called the HB704 which affords (presumably) 30 shots on one roll of 220 film. Looking at all the blogs on the internet and on ebay I can't find the back. The only back I can find is the HA702 for the 120 roll film providing 15 exposures on 120 film. Did Mamiya ever actually sell the 220 version of the 645 back? Anyone know?