Studio rental in Los Angeles Area

subha

I am looking to rent a photo studio with lighting for a few hours. What is the

best way or prices i can get. I have my own camera equipment. I need to use a

place with different backdrops. I heard University campuses are inexpensive. I

don't want to spend $100s of dollars. At the most i may want to spend somewhere

around less than $50.00 .

Any ideas.

If you are in L.A., try natural settings. If you prefer the indoors go to a local college or make frieds with people in the industry or real estate ( empty warehouses). There is a photo studio in Venice that rents space by the hour. There is an Artist studio complex by the S.M. airport called the Santa Monica Art Studios on Airport Ave. across from Barker Hanger. Talk to Yossi. Good luck.

Subha, I looked at your OMP site. "My Rates are: $150.00 per photo shoot session. What you will get is : 10 - 8x10 prints of the shots of your choice with a combination of color or black/white, plus rest of the images on a CD. The CD would contain original Size images in Color and Black+White. Also included would be web sized images in color and bw."

Call a few other studios pretending to be a client, and you'll see what the problem is. You're charging $150 for a $300-500 package. At that rate you'll never be able to afford to rent or own your own studio, pay for lighting, etc.

• 2 years later...

<p>I'm looking for something similar - but don't need lights or backdrops. Basically, I'm looking for a simple, moderately-sized space with natural light and access to a restroom. Could even be a garage. Seems so simple but I can't seem to find anything like that in LA.<br>

If anyone knows of anything, please share!</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>Due to spamming activity from various LA studios, this thread has been closed.</p>

<p>If you are looking for information on renting a photo studio in LA, I encourage you to click the <a href="http://www.photo.net/register/user-new?return_url=%2findex%2eadp">"register"</a> link in the upper right hand corner and join Photo.net. Then, post a question in our <a href="http://www.photo.net/community/">discussion forums</a> and I'm sure someone with experience renting studios in LA will be glad to help you. Honest unbiased information is much more useful than spammers any day.</p>