Which lens is most appealing? (please vote)

bennett ho

This is sort of a fun thread(for me anyways). I'll be heading to Tokyo and have

some money to spend on lenses. Whether the lens is neccessary is not important. >;p

On my wish list(in no particular order):

Nikkor 35mm F1.4 AIS

Nikkor 50mm F1.2 AIS

Nikkor 10.5mm F2.8 Fisheye

Nikkor 105mm F2.8 VR Micro

Zeiss ZF 50mm F1.4

I can't seem to pinpoint which lens is most desirable at this point. I will pick

one up but which? I know different people have different opinions and tastes.

Let's take a vote!

Current gear:

D2x

Tokina 12-24mm

Nikkor 17-55mm

Nikkor 70-200mm VR

Nikkor 28mm F2.8 AIS

Nikkor 45mm F2.8P

Nikkor 85mm F1.4D

Nikon SB-800

Nikon R1-C1

Cheers...

It really depends on what you subject matters are. If you shoot macros at all (since you have the R1C1 macro flash set), a very apparent hole in your line line up is the lack of any macro lens.

Early this year I bought the 10.5mm fisheye. That is a fun lens to use once in a while, and I emphasis once in a while.

B. Ho, this issue should not be a vote. I don't think any one of us knows you all that well to give you a good suggestion. You should determine where the biggest hole in your line up is and try to fill that. If you don't see any holes, you can always buy nothing and send me the money instead. :-)

My point is that I wouldn't buy a lens for the sake of buying, but if you must, I think the 105 VR macro is the most logical choice. BTW, do you have any backup DSLR? How about tripod?

Nikkor 105mm F2.8 VR Micro would be my first choice. But the key point is what is your main photography area recently and what gear do you need most.

Well it doesn't matter which one if you will get all of them eventually, especially in the context of collection.

You have really bad Gear Acquisition Syndrome is what it its... So... for me, I'd get either the

35/1.4 or the 105 Micro. But... If I just had bad GAS, and I had a lot of dough... It would be

the 200-400 VR! Of course, it costs more than most of my friends cars... so there...

As I can see you have lenses to cover range from 12 to 200 mm

Becouse I prefere fast lenses with superb optical perfomance... <br>

I will recomend you: <br>

Nikkor 50mm F1.2 AIS to subtitute Nikkor 45mm F2.8P <br>

and Nikkor 35mm F1.4 AIS. <br>

Becouse you all ready have 85mm and 70-200mm VR <br> so Nikkor 105mm F2.8 VR Micro range is covered (exept if you prefere macro shots). <br>