I would like opinion of seasoned wedding photographers.

d_scott_leins

I would like to get the opinion of wedding photographers as to weather

I have a chance in this field. I have shot two small weddings on my

own and have been working as an assistant/casual second photographer

with another experienced wedding photographer. Here is the link to my

images. http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=570043

Thanks,

Scott L

I recently saw a wedding done by a local photographer who charges $1800, and your photographs are, in my opinion, better than theirs. In addition to great photographs, wedding photographers also need good people skills and the ability to smooth over tough situations that commonly arise during an emotional day such as a wedding. Also you need to have the stamina to maintain a full day of high-paced shooting and some intuition as to what will happen next. What I mean is anticipating a potential shot. For example: After the ceremony, when the bride and groom walk to the back of the church, almost every time they will stop and kiss before the attendants and guests are released. I always turn around to get a photograph of the first kiss as a married couple! They are so excited that they don't even know I am getting the shot. Throughout the day, there are several situations like that. Great images that are properly exposed is extremely important, but so are the people skills. If the bride is unhappy with the photographer, the pictures will show it. If you have all that, then you are off to a great start. Good luck!

You are a good photojournalist and second shooter. The real challenge is being the main

photographer and dealing with the people. The pressure starts there and you have not felt

that. You need to speak up and direct the people. You need to learn to pose the people.

The pictures that you have shown are all posed and directed by your photographer friend.

It is easy to take pictures of people at different angles when they are already posed. The

real test is for you to take charge and pose. You are off to a good start you pictures are

properly exposed and i would hope that you are not shooting in program or full auto

mode. You want to have some control over the camera.

Michael