will 21 3.4 super-angulon fit on CL

deardorff8x10

The rear lens sits about 3/8 inch from the film. The modification refered to was to remove some last element shrouding so as to not block the meter cell view on M6`s. There is no way to remove enough to clear the arm on a CL or M5.

Rob`s mod may be possible.

In any case I hated my 3.4 and sold it in a few months for a new pre-asph. The SA had terrible vignetting and I could not use it more open than 11 or 16. It is the nature of a true wide angle.

Get a CV one and be happy. Or the pre-ash that is bigger than your camera. You probably can`t find the proper shade for it anyway. It sort of looks like a squashed 35 rectangular shade.

The CL ALWAYS brings up the semaphore arm when the shutter is cocked. There is no modification of the lens mount which will prevent this. (The M5 does depend on the insertion of a keyed lens to activate the semaphore arm.) Deep lenses can NEVER be used on a CL.

Wait a minute, Michael. Bill says it won't work on the CL. I got my info from Eastland's Leica M Compendium. He treats the M5 and CL together in Appendix 2, "Restrictions With Certain Lenses on the Leica M5 and CL." If Bill is right, Eastland missed it. It wouldn't be the first time he got something wrong. Better check it out more! How about a Bessa?

Or you could use a CL from which the meter stick has been removed. They are out there.