Editing photos again...

stacy

Hey! I'm trying to re-edit my website and get my favorites down to 50-

which I posted here: http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?

folder_id=556806

They won't be in this order but can you give me your opinion of what

does not belong? what do I need more of- or less of? I know I always

put too many detail shots. I want the photos to be different in

context but similar enough in style to flow well.

Thanks!

Hi Stacy,

Your images are great! I love them! The only one that looks out of place, in my opinion, is the image of the bed. It's a lovely bed, but it looks like an ad for a hotel rather than a wedding. Great looking images overall!

Upon closer inspection, I see there is someone leaning on the bed, though it's way too small for me to make, but I'd lose that one.

I'd also lose the one of the flowers with the girl in the tank top in the background. Looks like it could've just been a shot taken while you were at the local nursery one day.

See- I'm glad i asked! The bed has a little mad flower girl leaning on it- but I guess you can't see her- so that will go.

And the chairs...dang- I like those. And the guitar guy- but I can replace him with another guitar guy :) The young girl arranging the flowers I was keeping just for the color- you think I should axe it?

Thanks for the replies so far! Very helpful :)

Stacy,

Oh you're going to get as many variations as responses. I like the flower shot, for the colors! It is true, that it does not 100% fit with the wedding theme... The one that is not *my* favorite is in the fifth row, middle - couple kissing. The bed shot is nice as well, but like the flower shot. I know this is not helping much, but for what is worth.

They're all strong images. You know what your brides say about your portfolio. That's a far better barometer than me. :)

If I were to pick two, it would be 4838 & 4822. Perhaps 4827 also.

Hint: we're putting more guys in our portfolio. We're hearing the guys chime in more often regarding those shots.

Ok- I got rid of a few from your recommendations- and Mary nixed a few more. I uploaded a few new photos but now I think I'd better put some ceremony shots in. What do you think of them as a whole or per shot now? I am driving you all crazy yet? Sorry- but I do appreciate the critiques :)

and OT I tried the new "email to your portfolio" option for these and it worked so nice!

Stacy,

What wonderful images. There were only a few that to me didn't measure up to your high quality:

The couple kissing by the water-nice shot but not as good as the others IMO

The guy smoking the cigar IMO lacked any emotion which you capture so beautifully in your other images. The smoke is cool but smoking isn't. I'd drop it.

The girl on the spiral stair looks like a great idea that didn't quite hatch.

Just my thoughts. Beautiful work!

BTW, I didn't read any of the other posts so I wouldn't be biased.

Paul

David- Thanks- I did get rid of the long haired groom- you're right- he looked kinda dumb in that photo. The other two though...have to stay- I love both of those :)

Thanks Paul! I don't know exactly what it is about that stair photo that I like so well. I agree about the water photo and deleted it. I just feel like I need more wide shots- I'll keep digging. The guy smoking- yes, I do like the smoke- but you're right- no emotion so I'll axe that one too.

I appreciate your comments!

Jaime- I didn't take out the stair one. I love that shot (if we're talking about the same photo that is- the brown stairs?). I'm starting to get confused. I'm not going to edit anymore until I get my film back tomorrow- then hopefully I'll have more to add/edit :)

Thanks again for the comments!