Sigma 70-200 f2.8 with a tele converter

waynelittle

Hello all, I currently have the above lens and I am looking at maybe a

tele converter (1.4 or 2.0). Has anyone had or got any experience to

share on this subject? I also have the 24-70 2.8 ex macro and although

sigma does not list this as compatible in its list, would it work?

Sample shots would be most welcomed...

Best regards Wayne.

Ps any one used the 30mm f1.4 also ?

Wayne,

Refering to year 98 - perhaps before the VR lens was introduced ?, while we are into year 2006? ...

Get the latest KENKO tele converter that has DG circuitry in it, so all of your lens capabilities will be preserved, that is the AF-S, and VR will work fine.

You have choice of KENKO 1.5X DG SHQ (Super High Quality - that is not that bad - not necessarily that super high, but good enough for good photographer), or the 2X with 7 elements with DG circuitry.

I have those inexpensive Kenkos and they work great on 70-200 2.8 Nikkor AF-S and VR. Work even better on Nikkor 180/2.8 and 300/4 AF-S.

Sigma's own 1.4 (and 2) converter is built for this lens and works very well. It does not work with the 24-70. It cannot be fitted to that lens. I have not tried the 2 since I generally shy away from doublers. Larger, more expensive and optically much poorer result so not worth it for me.

Wayne - it is a courtesy to follow the guidance for posting - which you see when you hit the "ask a question" button. It reminds you to try searching. One of the most effective ways of doing so is to select a category of questions answered and do repeated finds on a keyword for your question. Searching "EOS Lenses" for "Sigma 70" soon turns up your main question. Similar searches turn up answers on your supplementaries.

Wayne, Mark was straight and to the point. Far from rude, mate...This is a very civilized site as far as they go. If you want some rude ones, I could give you a few pointers, except that you might consider it rude again ;) Relax.