sd card reformatting itself in camera

andy_andys

Some Sandisk media cards include the excellent RescuePro photo recovery utility on a mini-CD. It works very well - I've used it to recover files from my Sandisk CF card and some generic Smart Media cards used by my Olympus P&S digicams. It's worth spending a little extra money for the premium Sandisk media cards just to get RescuePro.

Lexar 80x cards claim to include a file recovery utility but it's a limited time trialware version and is on the media card itself, not on a CD.

• 3 weeks later...

On my SanDisk card, there is a number on the edge of the card, on the opposite side from where the electronic connection holes are. That could be the serial number. There isn't much to lose by giving that a try.

On my Lexar cards, there seems to be serial numbers at that same location.

• 2 years later...
I just bought an 8Gb Sandisk SD card and i installed RescuePro v3.3 which came with it. But when I ran it first it asked me for serial number in 5-4-5-5-5 format and the number printed on the back of the CD envelope just has format 5-4-5-2 (beginning with RPRID). When I enter it the program doesn't accept it! WTF is wrong with Sandisk?!!