Bridal Expo - Live Remote

daydreamsart

This Bridal fair I signed up for is going to have a radio station do

a live remote broadcast from it and I need to write a "short

paragraph" about my company "to be used during live remotes." I don't

know where to start. Does anyone have experience with this that can

give me some direction?

Odds are, the bridal show only purchased two hours for the remote broadcast (unless they are a sponsor). Depending on the format of the station, it may be only two breaks an hour, or up to four times an hour. Perhaps the on-air personallity will do vendor "interviews" during half of those breaks.

Your paragraph is *most likely* for promoting the event on the air ahead of time. Here's another way to get some added exposure.

a.) Call the sales person at the radio station in charge of this gig. Ask for some advice on what they may want to hear. BUT, this is not your true motive behind this move.

b.) Establishing this brief relationship is good. While you're talking to this sales person, make sure you let them know you are looking forward to meeting them the day of the show yadda yadda yadda. The objective here is to leave a memorable impression!

c.) Then, the day of the show, re-introduce yourself to the sales person. Ask if they will be doing interviews at booths. When will they be stopping at your booth? (this is to assume that they are doing booth interviews in the first place). You're a big fan of the station, you listen all the time, etc.

d.) During the interview, mention your website a couple times. Don't worry about what else to say. The on-air personallity will lead that part. Hopefully your website is easy to remember and easy to spell, like CindyPhoto.com and not CynthiaCrandalmeyerPhoto.com.

e.) Make sure your assistant is getting some shots of all this. And send some to the radio station too!

Shilling's advice is good. Be careful not to say what everybody else is saying about themselves. Best to position yourself uniquely. Why specifically did your customers of the past hire you? And I mean SPECIFICALLY! Not just "they liked my work," and/or "I was in their budget."

Also remember, this sales person is a sales person. Expect future pitches.

Thanks for the advice! I did read several of the descriptions at wedj.com and that got me thinking at least of what I didn't want to say. I'll contact the station as suggested and see if I can get on their good side. I think I'd rather die than be interviewed on the radio, though.

<whisper>lol..., I thought about that a couple hours after posting. Like, "is Cindy in GR? And could it be a station I worked for?"</whisper>

<loud>Eh, it's not really a good idea anyway. Radio. What do those guys know about photography anyway? They're so, so..., well, they're so audio.</loud>