W/NW Ski

blake_dennis1

This was the first roll of slide film that I shot with my Leica M6 Titanium w/ Summilux

35mm Titanium. I have only been shooting with the camera for about a month now and

have had amazing results. The purchase of the camera was defiantly worth it.

Lets see your most amazing photographs that made you thankful of the Leica you

purchased.<div>00Ezcw-27735584.jpg.f9c591bd2483ac3da9c281bc91751e55.jpg</div>

Ray, that was a major concern of mine when I took the camera to the slopes. I kept it very

protected by wrapping it in a down jacket and putting it in a backpack. I only kept the

camera on me for an hour or so and then I took it back to the car. Plus, I have great skiing

experience but that still has not kept from falling now and then.

Thanks for your comment

Blake

Very valid point, and the first time I think that it's not about protecting the camera from

being damaged! I took mine several times to snowboarding, with the camera under my

jacket. Indeed it is unpleasant to fall on it, even whenthe ribs remain intact.

While there are many nice views in the alps, I found it very annoying to stop, open the jacket,

freeze, make a snap, put camera back, etc.. last time i went without a camera, and it was

clearly more fun. I think that's why I'm not a photographer ;-)

Blake, the shutter curtains in Ms are made of cloth, and some people have managed to burn holes in them, usually I suspect by leaving them on tables out in the sun - leaving it on a window-sill can also work. In the shot you have posted it probably wouldn't pose a problem but bear in mind, if you ever leave the camera on a tripod with the sun in frame have the lens cap on at all times except for the exposure itself. Burnt shutter curtains can be patched but if they need replacing it can be an expensive job. Johnny.

Never got into serious down hill skiing, but always enjoyed taking a Leica out on the cross country trails. Have used both the 3g and M4, only taking the latter if I was using the 21 SA. The 3g was a great little camera, but the viewfinder gave me fits and I sold it. Have regretted it ever since. With a 50 Elmar, and 35 Summiron it made a tiny full frame outfit. Usually carried the camera around my neck, under a down jacket, and never problems. Cross country skiing is pretty sedate compared to down hill through mogul fields. Only tried a mogul field once on cross country skis. The skis didn't survive, myself and the Leica did. Here's a shot from the Mountains west of Calgary near Banff.<div>00EzlZ-27737384.jpg.9c216a4e17a0ac6f8dbb9c48d9fa4ba4.jpg</div>