Takumar M42 lenses work with Voigtlander Bessaflex TM?

angus_wong2

Hi everyone!

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtFlexTM.htm

Will my collection of M42 lenses (which I were using with a Spotmatic

but that's "broken" now -- shutter speed wrong -- so now I use with a

Nikon body with an F-mount adapter) work with this Voigtlander

Bessaflex TM?

It's not a cheap body but this could be what I've been looking for as

(at least my own) ideal camera kit.

Any insight appreciated! Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
I had two spotmatic bodies and one of them had a bad shutter (sticky at high speed) and I am not entirely sure about the other body either. Too much hassle to fix. I am not sure who can reliably fix it, and would rather take the fixing cost towards a proper new body. It's the lens that counts anyway. Have not yet bought the Bessa. Still thinking.

Well, I've got one, and it works just fine. It's quite small, die-cast body and all that (read up on it at CameraQuest), plus a surprisingly bright viewfinder. I've got a number of Spotmatic bodies so I can compare the Bessaflex to them. AS I said, the viewfinder is brighter, and there's a window in the back so you can't mistake the film in the camera. The shutter release sound is, in my opinion, a bit quieter, and my Abramson Soft Release somehow reduces shutter release vibration, and you can do the mirror-up by acitvating the delayed release lever, which blanks out the viewfinder during countdown.

The camera is clad in a rubberized material which makes gripping it more reliable. It is obviously made for M42 lenses, so it takes all of my Takumars.

It' like having a brand new Spotmatic body, only better.

Hi there... I've got two Bessaflex bodies and found them a joy to use. Used them for everything from street photography to concert shots, portraits to travel, and love them. Used them with Takumar lenses (the 55m and the 105mm) as well as Zeiss Jena and Helios lenses. All of them fit perfectly. I've got lots of examples on Photosig if you're intersted. My user name is stephendowling. Cheers S.

Pentax MX with M42 adapter! Stop-down metering and modern batteries. Alternatively almost any Pentax AF slr - e.g. the AF becomes focus confirmation on the SFX.

I use a Super Takumar 85/1.9 on my MZ5n, MX and LX with no problems. Unlike Nikon (also used here) Pentax AF cameras do meter (manual) with all older lenses - including my classic Auto Takumar 35.f3.5!