TLR repair - Krikor Maralian now on his own

john_philllips

For those particularly in the East looking for Rollei repair, Krikor

Maralian, formerly the chief Rollei TLR repair technician of MARFLEX,

has become the authorized (in the East anyway) Rollei repair guy with

the closing of MARFLEX in 2005. Krikor operates out of his store

KRIMAR PHOTO SHOP, 1058 Broadway, Elmwood Park, NJ 07407, 201 796

0554. His work is well known among NYC photographers. He's fast

offers the gamut of CLA to sophisticated repair.

I heard that Marflex did close but haven't confirmed it. However, Krikor has done at least

three Rollei repair jobs for me over the years--including replacing parts in one I bought on

ebay. His work is excellent and pretty fast. One I got back within 10 days for a CLA and he's

at least 20% less expensive than the fellow on the West Coast where the wait is usually 40 to

60 days. (I've had work done in California too and the quality is equally as high, but so is the

price.)

Marflex stopped being the official Rollei service organization almost a year ago; I talked with them just before the end of the year last year. In so far as I know, Marflex still is in business; I talked with Martin Arndt in early October, shortly after the move to their new location.

973 263-5267

121 Hawkins Pl. #115, Boonton, NJ 07005.

marflex@aol.com

At least since the beginning of this year, Krikor offered his service as an independant Rollei repair shop. I am glad to hear that he is an authorized repair shop now; regardless, his service is certainly top notch as is his reputation. I am not entirely sure what "authorized" means; I suppose he could get parts from Rollei easier than independents.