Where to get large format imacon scans from 4x5 negative film

sabine_gruffat1

I need to get some 4x5 color negatives scanned to a digital file. I would like to use a lab that

does a good job with Imacon scanners because I cannot afford drum scans. I need a 200 MB

image at least.

Please let me know of a lab in the united States that is cost effective and professional.

Sabine

Imacon scans are vastly superior to Epson scans.

Here in Europe you cant rent an Imacon by the hour at places like Calumet and do the scans

yourself.

You might do about eight 200Mb scans in an hour, and it costs about... currency convertor...

60 US dollars an hour. So that's about 8 bucks a scan.

I agree, imacon scans are FAR superior to Epson. In New York, you can rent imacon

scanning stations at several places for around $40-50/hour. If you're in town, try

www.printspacenyc.com. I've never rented the imacons there, but have used their

conventional darkroom rentals and they're very nice and friendly, and there is always

someone around who can help you if you have a problem.

Any scan at the 200MB size will cost a bit. I really don't think you can get a cheap scan with that kind of resolution because it takes so long to do. If you want quality, you'll have to pay for it. Cheap labs have cheap scanners and cheap photographers have to get their own scanners. Find a high end scanner on the net for cheap, thats what I did. I bought a used lino hell topaz for less than a lousy nikon coolscan costs new and it blows the doors off any epson scanner. In all seriousness I could scan your images for you but you probably can't pay me enough either.