Lense - Nikon 35-70mm f2.8 AF set to inf. <br>

Stativ/tripod - vivitar 2800... <br>

Procesed in Fuji service - labs <br>

Scaned with Fuji Frontiera SP3000 scaner - 16base(~2400dpi) <br>

Time of day - MIDDAY - Outside temperature ~2deg celsius <br>

<br>

link to MTF test of this lense:<br>

http://www.photodo.com/prod/lens/35lensesmtf.shtml#Nikkor<br>

Good post. That lens always surprised me with how sharp it was. Some people seem

turned off by the push/pull zoom (though I kind of preferred it for candid shooting) and

the fact that it is an older design and doesn't sport any fancy badges like "AF-S" or "ED". I

still see them available on the used market for <$200 sometimes. At this price, there's no

reason why people shouldn't be snapping them up. It would be an ideal medium-speed

portraiture zoom for for the DSLR's. I sold mine about a year ago because it just wan't a

range of focal length I was using and took up more space in the backpack than the 50mm

prime I do use. In, hindsight, I should have hung onto it. Thanks again for that post.

The 35-70 f2.8 is the Nikkor zoom that freed me from the baggage of being a "primes snob." It's a very well made and easy to use lens that takes very, very sharp images. It's one of my favorite lenses now......and it works great for film or digital.

very sharp and colorful lens. For me, the loose focus and rotating focus ring makes this lens incredibly annoying to use with a polarizer. Mine also flares quite badly. All in all great images with poor usability for landscape, but great value on the used market.