$3240 for CLE?

roy_lahay

One of the 300 only made limited edition. Gold plated, never meant to be a user camera, destined for the showglass case in a rich collector's home.

Though personally I won't buy it, it is a normal price for a collector to buy. Nothing strange here.

Oh. More apparent madness from Boris. In fact there's a method to it. He regularly takes advantage of special low prices for listings that eBay targets to german sellers to list his entire inventory. Its cheap advertising, and I understand that he's very open to negotiating on price.

Roy, you don't understand that people like to collect things, coins, stamps, art, memorobilia, baseball cards whatever? And you don't understand there is a collector's market for rare and unusual items. Surely you must realize that not everyone values items like these the same way. Just because you don't value something, that doesn't mean that someone else shouldn't.

Actually, I understand the high cost of a gold-plated camera (if not exactly the appeal..). The e-prey item that had my eyes popping was this one (7550464890), which was for the accessory grip for a CLE. It had 17 bids taking it up to $169.16 -- and it didn't even meet the reserve price!!!

<p>

Sure makes me look at the grips on each of my two CLEs a whole lot differently..!

<p>

Owen