Minolta Dimage 7Hi - Captured Image is coming as dull B&W with horizantal lines

Hi

I have a Minolta Dimage 7Hi since June 04 and it was working

perfectly. Since last couple of days I am facing an odd problem. I

am not sure it a problem with camera or lack of my experience.

In doors, when I point the camera towards the object, the view in

LCD and EVF flickers and some times I can hear aperture adjustment

sounds. When I capture the image, and play it in LCD or download it,

the image comes as dull B&W with fine horizontal lines all over. I

have attached the images.

The behavior is even odd outdoors. Outdoors, view is flash white in

LCD and EVF. Live image is totally white and hardly visible and same

is recorded when captured. I have written to Minolta support but

have not got a response yet. I saw a service advisory on Minolta's

support site and was wondering if this is the same problem.

Can some one please help me understanding the problem?

Thanks

Kamal<div>00DsN3-26093884.jpg.7d9243bb218dadb4b7a154a56d8d8cb9.jpg</div>

Seems that the problem is CCD-related which affected many D-cameras of various manufacturers lately. Check <A HREF="http://www.imaging-resource.com/NEWS/1128958202.html" TARGET="_blank">this article</A> and if you scroll a bit further down, they listed the types cameras which might be affected by this flaw. Good luck.<P>

<LI><A HREF="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=332699">Jim

Rais</A></LI><P>

I have the same model camera with the exact same fault. I'd be interested to hear how you got on, as I don't think this problem is that CCD malfunction. The image on the LCD looks OK (except in high light conditions). It's only when the picture is taken that it goes all B/W with horizontal lines.

I hadn't used my camera for a few weeks before discovering this problem earlier today. I've only owned it for a few months, as it's 2nd owner :(

I sent it to Minolta service center in NJ(US) and they have confirmed that it is not a CCD problem. Camera works fine in movie mode. They have written "Overexposing" in invoice and are asking US$200 for repair. I am going to ckeck with him on Monday. I was wondering why this problem occured. Any idea?

I bought this camera in June 2004 and was working fine till now.

I took it to the NSW (Australia) service centre and was told the problem was the "lense block" and would cost AUD$550 to repair. They didn't actually disassemble the camera to make that finding, and my boss (who repairs Samsung video cameras) said that their diagnosis doesn't sound right, considering the lense block is the lenses and CCD assembley.

I e-mail Konica support and got a reply back from the same service centre I took the camera too... the e-mail said it sounded like it was the CCD and I should bring it in for repair...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I came this morning, and went to my Iaido tournament... just to find out that my camera is not working anymore. The display is ok, but when I want to take a picture, there is nothing to see, just some blurr stuff. I will also appreciate if someone has an answer for this. I have this camera for 3 years now, and I really love it, and I wasn't thinking of changing it in a long while...

I'll contact tomorrow the tech suppport here, and I'll post also what the said to me. And of course, if they can repair it... I really don't know now... maybe I should contact Sony now instead of Minlta ?!

• 1 month later...

Hi guys.

I experienced the same problem with my Minolta Dimage 7Hi (a late 2002 model).

This is a known problem, related to a factory CCD defect.

More Minolta info at:

http://www.konicaminoltasupport.com/importantnotice_en.0.html

Since I live in Italy I contacted the Italian support Centre and sent them the camera. It will be repaired for free (even without warranty).

I suggest you to contact the support centre near you and do the same ;-)

Regards,

Marco

• 1 year later...
hello, this is 2007 and my minolta dimage 7hi just started to have this problem in september. my daughter's camera went out 12 months ago. we both purchased our cameras in march 2004. i followed the links on this forum and reported the problem to sony. i am now waiting for them to mail me a label so i can return the camera for repair. on their support webside they only show two displays: a green blurred screen and an almost black lcd screen, not the b/w stripes...i made a photo-cd with my pictures and will send this to them..sometimes the camera works again for a couple of shots, then the problem is back...i sure hope they can fix this... otherwise i'm looking to get a new camera...thinking of the fujiS6000 finepix...any recommendations? sure glad i found this forum and became a member of photo.net. good luck to all other with this problem. petra in montana