Critique of this please

image creations

Agree with not liking the big deep shadow, and the suggestion to add a simple reflector. Head is too centered in the frame for my taste. Crop tighter and maybe place her face to the right side of the frame. Her right elbow/arm is cut off but her left is not, which doesn't work for me with the centered composition. Have her look into the camera. Background is just a little bit distracting. Maybe it could be darker or a different color that matches better with pink or be more neutral.<p>

Catchlights are nice. Exposure looks fine (but that's the easy part).<p>

Also, please post critique requests in the critique forum.

<p>

good luck

Andy,

This forum is not the right place to ask for a critique.

However you could ask pertinent questions about lighting technique such as "What are the benefits of using a hairlight for seperation of subject and background?"....or... "Would a fill reflector help open the shadows in this shot?" ... and you could then start a discussion on various specific lighting techniques and probably also receive a critique.

I was looking for lighting critique, therefor I posted in this forum. I thank you all for the suggestion of a fill reflector as I did use one for other shots during this shoot. What I was trying for was an aura of innocence with a hint of romance, but wheather I achieved that would be for the critique forum.

I've taken the liberty to do a 1 minute ps burn to illustrate how I might have lit this

differnently..my apologies for it's crudeness, I think you have overlit this, I would suggest

using gobos between the subject and softbox, just out of frame to cut the light hitting her

shoulder and another to cut the light hitting the forground .. sculpt the light some.. also the

same to background.. flag off light spilling on upper rt and left.. for me the blackness of the

shadow is fine as long as it is balanced with a darker background.. moody lightly for a moody

subject..<div>00EjLd-27294284.jpg.32216b918d476ac48db654dbf7541ac5.jpg</div>