Canon 10D and File Viewer Software

ptucci

I recently bought a used 10D, which came with all accessories that

were in the box originally, including a Solution Disk Ver. 11.1. When

I install the File Viewer Utility, it asks me what model I have, from

a list such as the G3, the IXUS, and the S200, but no 10D.

For the 10D owners out there, can you look at your solutions disk and

tell me what version it is?

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can process RAW files with

all the options that FVU has? I've read about IRFAN, but I understand

I can't change the exposure during processing (the only reason to

shoot RAW). I currently use Polyview, which can open the RAWs and

change color temp parameters, but not exposure/contrast, etc. I don't

have PSCS, and don't plan on getting it for some time.

I never installed any of the Canon software that came with my 10D as I already had

Photoshop and bought the camera right about when CS came out. Most folks told me that

the Canon software offered little in way of advantages.

But you don't need to buy Photoshop CS(2). You can use Dave Coffin's dcraw, Vuescan,

BreezeBrowser, Bibble, Capture One LE or Pro, or any one of several other RAW converters.

I prefer the Adobe Camera Raw converter, however ... You can take advantage of that for

about $90 by purchasing Photoshop Elements 3 and downloading Camera Raw 3.2 from

the Adobe website.

Godfrey

RawShooter Essentials can do it with style & it's free. Also, all owners of Canon's FVU can download the latest version as well as DPP from Canon's web site. I think you have to install the older version that you have first so that the updater function can see that you have it.

Sounds you got the wrong software disk with your 10D!

<p>I just re-installed Windows and all other software on my computer because my harddisk crashed. I also re-installed the Canon software. It didn't ask me for the camera model while installing it.

<p>Anyway, after installing the software, go to <a href="http://consumer.usa.canon.com/ir/controller?act=DownloadDetailAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=8772">the EOS 10D Download Library</a>, click on "Drivers / Software" in the popup window and follow the instructions to download the latest updates for the Canon software.

• 4 years later...

<p>If you have found this thread while looking for the <strong>10D Digitial Solutions</strong> disc, you can find it here: <a href="http://scottmacraecollingwood.com/Canon%2010D/">http://scottmacraecollingwood.com/Canon%2010D/</a><br>

I was without this software for some time and found it very inconvenient not being able to connect my 10D to my PC. The backup 10D I bought came with a disc, so I've uploaded the .iso file for discerning EOS users to download and burn to CD. </p><div>00WQvc-243101684.jpg.5318204b22f4aeb46a017e060312b9a5.jpg</div>