South East England Get Together.

huw_finney

Calling all UK pnet people.

I am thinking of having a get together of UK pnetters, I reside in

Maidenhead and was considering a pub in Reading for an informal 'oh so

thats you!' type of thing. Reading has very good rail connexions with

the whole country.

If there is some interest I could do a recce for a suitable pub and

pick a day (Saturday?) when the football isn't on.

Huw

"I reside in Maidenhead"

Our winter condo is just outside the limits of a town called Boca Raton. In Spanish it means Rat's Mouth, which people everywhere else seem to think is hilariously funny. Do people in your town get the same kind of annoying ribbing?

So using the slow paper clock (calendar) this has narrowed down to the 6th, 13th or 20th of November somewhere in Reading. Lets make it a 1pm lunch start, next, off to Reading to find a pub near the station that does real beer! (the hard tasks I carry out for the sake of pnet, will the suffering ever stop?)

Being originally from Camberley,Surrey, my recollection of Reading was one of a rough town with all sorts of yobos and layabouts.

Has it,like New York City, NY undergone dramatic changes?

If you think Maidenhead is funny, try living in a place named Upper Womans Passage. Yes...there is also a Lower Womans Passage. Both in Suffolk.

Hi Trevor

Yes - 5th November is something that has to be seen to be believed in Lewes (in the Observers top 10 things to do in the UK I think). 6th November will be very quiet though as far as I know!

400th anniversary of Guy Fawkes this year as well (the most honest man to ever enter Parliament as local posters have it).