Sign In

ray .

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems like a good time to sign up. Have been a voyeur - with a 'Lust for Leica' rather

than anything carnal - for several months. Finally acquiring a 7 and several pieces of glass

with the idea it would be far more convenient to carry on trips rather than the Nikon gear

but now find I canメt afford to travel! Live in Halifax, Nova Scotia have lived on both coasts.

Originally from London (the big one). Look forward to making a few contributions in the

future and ムmeetingメ new friends.

Cheers, Geoff

on the wintry shores of Georgian Bay in central Ontario, Canada

Leica IIIf Elmar 5 cm f3.5 and a Hektor f4.5 135mm.

CV R and T101, 5cm f3.5 Heliar, Nokton, and 35mm f2.5 Classic and a Jupiter 9 85mm f2.0

FSU bodies - Fed 2, Zorki 4, Kiev 4.

A bunch of non interchangeable rangefinders - Konica Auto S2, Yashica Lynx...

some SLR and TLR stuff has snuck onto my shelves over time as well, dont know hot it happened.

I'm originally from......everywhere (Army brat, we moved so often my mom said it didn't pay to completely unpack), now I live.......everywhere (environmental biologist, between academic research positions in search of a tenure track, doing on-site contract work for municipal gov'ts and private developers, my wife says it doesn't pay to completely unpack). Just got an M2 and M4 and 6 lenses (21mm, 28mm, 35mm, 50mm, 90mm, 135mm)from my Grandfather and have just discovered how shockingly much these are worth. I can't believe he just gave them to me, only because I've been admiring them ever since I was a kid.

No way Graham! Yes, roots are from Court Lane Erdington, and Great Barr, and ah...Handsworth and a bit of The Black Country. Sutton Park was my dad's play ground. Been over half a dozen times as a kid then went back in the late 80/early 90's as teenager and lived and worked a year in a few clubs, The Hummingbird, and a few pubs. Then down to Devon and Cornwall to recoupe. Do you know The Hummingbird? Thinking back, can't believe I got out of there alive...young dumb 6'4" Canuck doesn't go well with some of the E mighty-mights that think yer Irish....Cool, nice staffie too btw.

Bloody hell Eric one of my requests when i die (excuse the morbidity!)

is to have a bench next to Bracebridge pool in sutton park and I've spent many a debauched evening in the Hummingbird (now called the academy and is a good live music venue)My parents still live in Sutton and I do get down there as often as I can, it just goes to show what a small world we live in! (thanks for the comment about my staffie her names Margo and she's a total nutter!)

Graham, yes small world, wow. I'm due for another tour of duty soon this year I hope as my Grandparents are getting on. I google.earthed their house and looks like The College grounds have shrunk to housing and the graveyard too? The Grey Hound? Hey, hopefully a pint is in order one day! Cool!

Ray, see , great thread, no worries about flopping...