220 film - where to get in Europe?

tvih

I have been wondering what's happened to 220 film. Seems like it can't

be found with any ease even from online stores that have a quite

complete 135- and 120-size film lineup. So, I'm wondering if anyone

knows any good places, online or in Finland, to get any film of that size?

The reason I'm asking is that I'd get more frames for the same

processing cost - as far as I know, they can be developed on the same

labs that can develop 120 too, and my SL66 backs should be able to

take 220 as well.

Hmm... well, I guess Fimeko, and maybe other shops too can at least order it, if you specially ask for it. I'll have to ask around some, since their webpage doesn't give any specifics on what they have.

Thanks for all the answers!

What film? I may be in Finland (Turku) in about 9 days and if so will be bringing a bunch of

220 with me. I usually bring loads of NPH, 400UC and Tri-X (mostly NPH). Won't hurt to

bring a little extra if I come, but won't know for sure for a few days. I get mine from Samy's

in LA and B&H if I have time, so you can check prices there.

Well, there'd be a few types of film, like Tri-X, Velvia and Provia that I'm interested in, and also in 120-size since the prices there are quite a bit cheaper. Too bad I'm so darn far away from Turku though :/

The main advantage of 220 film is that you don't have to change film that often.

I ordered a lot of 220 film from Robert White in the UK. They carry Fuji Film, but the 220 films are not in their price list. I have ordered entire cartons (100 rolls per carton), and the were happy to sell to me any Fuji Film I wanted. I wouldn't count on them selling you a 5-pack or two because they might not have that in stock and I think they can only order entire cartons from Fuji UK.

I have also ordered 220 film from Nordfoto in Germany in the past. I think they are the best film supplier in Germany.