I registered my battery on the Nikon UK website a few weeks ago, and

I've heard nothing since (according to the website, "On receipt of

your application you will be sent a pre-paid postal packet in which to

return your battery...").

I waited a little while until I thought the "rush" would be over, can

anyone give me an idea of how long I should wait, or should I chase up

Nikon by phone?

Cheers, Mark.

I waited about a month for my envelopes to come through [registered last November as soon as announcement was made] Even though I only registered two batteries they sent me four envelopes, so I think maybe organisation is not 100%, but they do get there eventually.

Once I'd received envelopes and sent them off they took about ten days to send back the replacements, which is the most important part of the equation as this is the time that you're without a battery if you only have one. Luckily I had two, so sent them off one after the first replacement arrived.

Things may be different now with the demand for D200 batteries and all the initial disatisfaction with battery life.

Are you sure you haven't had any emails through to confirm you registered? I registered mine over the phone and received email confirmations at each stage. Maybe call support to check if you haven't received any emails.

Forgot to mention.., I am UK based.

I've the impression that they perform this action in batches. It looks like first they wait for a certain amount of requests to come in. Then they make sure they have enough batteries, and only then do they send the envelopes.

It took a while between registering and receiving a mail confirmation indicating they would send the envelope. From then on everything went quite smoothly. This was even including Xmas and new-year and postal services between Netherlands (where I live) and Ireland (where Nikon Europe's customer support centre is).

Well, since there is no recall in South America, where I currently live, I contacted Nikon Europe where I spent some time around Xmas for family vacation - they agreed to send me the replacement first given that the time of my stay might be too short for the normal replacement routine. Indeed, when I arrived in Germany, I encountered an envelope with the replacement and in a seperate letter a padded envelope to send in the recalled item (all sent from/addressed to Baile Atha Cliath, aka Dublin/Ireland). I dutyfully sent them the faulty battery, just to receive an email a few day later that they had received the recalled battery and are now sending the replacement. I protested saying that I already have the replacement - but on the day I left, I found a EL-N3a in the post. Now I have a EL-N3e (which apparently is more intelligent than I am) and a EL-N3a. Since I've already told them that I already have a replacement, I suppose it is my good luck and their bad luck. But nonetheless everything went quite fast and nicely.

They say however that you'll receive the call-back envelope within 5-10 working days and another 5-10 working days after receiuving the called back item one will get the replacement. Thie means, It could easily take 3 1/2 weeks.

Hi Mark

I waited about a month and did not receive any e-mail or other contacts so I telephoned, then I was sent the envelope and sent of the Battery. received e-mail yesterday to say replacement on its way. so I waited about two weeks from sending back the battery till the e-mail yesterday.

Ron