yakim_peled1

Hi folks,

I am trying to find out what is the total weight of Canon DSLRs

including grips and batteries but failed. Thus I ask you. Can you

please weigh your 350D, 20D, 5D and 1 series (of any kind - 1D, 1Ds,

1D Mk II, 1D Mk II N, 1Ds Mk II - I don't think it matters much) and

post it here?

Please note that I only refer to the actual weight including grips

(and yes, I know that the grips of the 1 series are inseparable....)

and batteries i.e. what you actually hold. Net weights are easily

available.

TIA.

Happy shooting,

Yakim.

Something tells me you are amusing yourself at the thought of a few gullible blokes being caught by their wives with their camera on the kitchen scales and trying to explain it. So instead of doing as Yakim asks, why don't we dream up explanations that we might offer?

If you really do want to know this information, there's a much quicker route - go to Canon's website and have a look for yourself. For example the UK site tells us the enthralling fact that a 5D weighs in at about 810g: http://www.canon.co.uk/for_home/product_finder/cameras/digital_slr/eos_5d/index.asp?specs=1

Yakim wants to know the weight of all theses cameras because he's a perfectionist on his way to working out the best camera for HIS needs and budget.

What's more folks, if you were all serious photographers you would own a set of scales purely for weighing your camera gear and not have to borrow the wifes.

Happy Shooting

<i> I have never been able to find the weight of battery grips/packs. or batteries. otherwise I would say add them up.</i>

<p>

<a href=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=247150&is=REG&addedTroughType=search<><b>BATTERY</a></b>

<p>

<a href=http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=details_accessories&A=details&Q=&sku=239009&is=REG><b>BATTERY PACK</a></b>

<p>

<p>

Thus, we can safely say<b> ADD THEM UP!</b>

<p>

:p

I am very worried by this thread. Here we have people telling us what their EOS 1D, 20D etc etc weighs. Now given past experience of how these Internet forums work we will start to see posts such as ...

<p>

"I have weighed my Canon 350D on a chemical balance (guaranteed accurate to +/- 0.05 grams) and my 350D weighs 0.23 grams less than the standard reported figures. Should I send it back to Canon in case they have missed out an internal screw during manufacture?"

<p>

"Please could someone post instructions for conducting a weight test? Should the body cap be in place? Does it matter if the batteries are fully charged? Is the weight with or without strap attached?"

<p>

Geez, I just cannot wait ......

last nite i was shooting against a nikon girl(D70)i know that my rugged 20d impressed her enough that we moved to the bedroom she is really good at posing subjects and we were trading off taking shots of each other for one series i wet and toweled my hair then took off my shirt after she got on a chair above me for two shots and said can you put the look on your face that you had before and I said well I'd probably be more comfortable if we both had the same amount of clothing on - it was on from there - I never thought of the weight of my camera once -but the freakin focus hunting on that 50mm 1.8 was killing me -shots i got were awesome looking at them this morning I was like did that really happen -yeah it did I have the images

listen nothing untoward happened, plus she has shots of me and is a Nikon user so the ramifications could be deleterious to my honor, that being said here's a little taste (Yakim that D70 felt like a toy compared to real camera, has been awhile since I handled one, plus your responses to questions are always spot on, and this thread had some humor, thanks for all your advice)

It was not meant to be a humorous thread but a serious one, though I certainly don't mind if some of you have had a good laugh. Reason for the question is simple: I am considering a used 1D (which I generally prefer over a 20D/350D) but I have to weigh in :-) the fact that my wife will also use that DSLR and she is much smaller than me. As I intend to buy a grip anyway, I was wondering if - when summing up all - it really makes much of a difference.

Happy shooting,

Yakim.

Hi Yakim, fwiw my wife uses the 20d most of the time (pro photog) as much as I want a `1` series she says they are tooo heavy for her, even after a 3-4 hour shoot complains about the 20D weight and its lighter than our ol D30. Just one other reason for getting a 5D. personally if in your shoes I`d get what I felt most comfy with and get her a 300d and share lenses

good luck