30 million and counting

bobatkins

Several days ago, I thought about posting a humorous response by asserting that I bought Canon's 30 millionth lens. I just received a very nice Canon lens purchased in the last two weeks.

I did not post. I was soured by Giampi's post disparaging the President of the United States.

I honor the code of photo.net that political comments are off limits.

I came back here today to see that Giampi's disparagement of our President still burns the pixels of our monitors. Apparently the moderator did not enforce the policy that I understand is in place.

I support our President and I think he is doing one hell of a good job. End of political tirade.

Political snarks aside. . . .

. . . I wonder how much lens sales have picked up with the dSLR revolution?

. . .I continue to be amused by 20D owners with 17-85/EF-s lenses upgrading to 5D with 24-105/IS lense.

(Of course, in the spirit of full disclosure, I upgraded all of my glass since I went from Film to mostly digital)

On another note. . .It does pay to "wait" after a new Canon product introduction. Two cases in point: The dreadful 20D grip design, and the 24-105/4L-IS flare issue.

Not to mention the inevitable price drops. While the 24-105/4L-IS remains at it's 50% premium price, the 5D has fallen 10% and the 70-300/IS has fallen 15% ($650 to $550) since introduction last fall. I admit to being tempted by the 70-300/IS to add to my (overly large) lens collection.