3200 ASA Point and Shoot?

jd_rose

I'd also suggest the Fuji Natura with the 24 mm f/1.9 lens, if you want a wide lens. Megaperls in Japan export them.

It's program only. You can set exposure compensation of +/- 2 stops. The shutter speeds are from 1 s to 1/360. The manual is in Japanese, but that's no big deal. It's easy to understand the illustrations, and the numbers are Arabic. The exposure compensation is a bit difficult to find - it is an option in the date setting menu. If you want to change the speed setting for the whole roll of film, you can also alter the DX patches on the film cassette, of course.

It's a really neat camera. One of the features is that if you have a fast film loaded (DX-coded for 1600 and over) it switches to 'NP' mode with the flash off. When the camera is switched on in NP, you have a second or two to enable the flash, otherwise it defaults to flash off. With slower films it defaults to auto flash. With 1600 film, the flash range is quoted as 0.4 m to 16 m. There are four DX contacts, which means that the film speed is detected in full stop increments, favouring overexposure (eg 320 is detected as 200, not 400). When you load a film it winds the whole film out, then winds it back into the cassette as you shoot. There is a facility to remove the film mid-roll.

There is very little shutter lag - one of the things that annoys me the most about AF P&S's. The only manual focus setting is infinity. There is focus lock. It can focus in remarkably low light. The minimum focussing distance is 0.4 m. It does have focus lock, by pressing the shutter release part-way.

The lens is comparatively flare free. It has less aberration wide open than my Canon 24 mm f/1.4 L.

Best,

Helen