D2X price a fraud?

paul_sokal___dallas__tx

Paul, of course that is not real. Unfortunately, the explanation photo.net provides is that Google controls those ads and photo.net cannot do anything about that. While to some degree that is true, I myself find that explanation not satisfactory. Photo.net simply needs the income from Google.

AFAIK Brian Mottershead has contacted Google about that, but so far we have not seen any changes after several months.

I just read the stores' rating at the posted site, WHOA! If you try to deal with these people

you are asking for trouble! I remember years ago a collegue bought a then new Canon F1

from an outfit like this, good price but almost nothing in the box! He had to buy

"seperately" the prism, back, batteries and cover, focus screen and bottom cover! Cost

him about 250.00 more than he would have paid for the camera locally. His complaints to

Canon went unanswered. Sounds like relatives from the same company! (Is scamming

hereditary?) I think you are better off with a reputable company selling at an online

auction. BTW: I know this is redundant, but never pay with western union or bank wire,

don't try to buy from Spain or eastern europe and check everybody out thoroughly.

This is a suggestion. Why don't the moderators "pinned" a general warning at the top of the forum about such sellers without mentioning them by name? To differentiate these sellers from trustworthy ones, the trustworthy ones could be recommended together with the warning. Just for your consideration.