advantages and disadvantages of CaNon EoS 3000v

mumtazguran

You can't really go wrong with this one. The body is rather light, due to a fair amount of plastic compound. However, it is nice and cheap! In a way, it reminds me of ink jet printers. These are generally light and cheap, but the ink cartridges are where your money goes. Over time, this might be the case with the 35mm film cartridges that you will be buying for this camera.

Like all canon entry level bodies from the last ten years,the 3000V gives excellent features for the $ and is extremely reliable.<P>

There is very little extra that you could want in a camera for most basic uses.I think the most likely limit one is most likely to run up against is it's slow frame rate/tracking focus when doing sports.

I actually bought a couple of Rebel Ti's (I think they're about equivalent) for a month-long trip to Iran. It was a backpack trip and I wanted the lightest possible bodies. So, I left my 10D and EOS3 at home and took the Rebels. I did take good lenses though.

The only important features I really missed were mirror lock-up and leader-out rewind. I weighted my tripod with my camera bag when shooting at slow speeds to compensate for the lack of mirror lockup. When I needed to remove a roll of film mid-roll, I tried to open the film door just as the film was winding off the take-up spool. If I missed it, I just used a little film extractor to get the leader back out.

One good thing about the Rebels was it didn't hurt as much when one was stolen. The not so good thing was that the other one quit working a few days later, and for no apparent reason. Fortunately, I managed to find a new Rebel in Yazd a few days later. Canon replaced the broken one on warranty when I got back to Canada.

I really liked the small size and low weight of the Rebels, even though I have good sized hands. There's no need to worry about intimidating subjects with a big black camera, either. Don't sweat the plastic - it's a very tough plastic.

I must confess though that I sold them both when I got home and bought a couple of Elan 7s (EOS 33 in Europe). They are only a little larger and heavier and (I hope) maybe a little more reliable. I think, in general, the Rebels are pretty rugged.