D2x "Special Site" wFlash approach worthless to me

richard_lewis3

The D2X Flash site is well done (I don't like flash) and loads reasonably fast on a high speed line)

It is clear that Jarvis used the 8 fps for the running shots to catch the shoe sole as perfectly shown for an advertisement... The boxing picture is clearly staged with the fist held stationary and the head being flung about by it's attached body... <the sweat is likely added in PS> The car shots are produced in a large studio with pro lighting... etc.

It is also clear that all the shots on the D2X site have been heavily worked over in PS (or others) to the point of almost having been created de novo... You too can have your work look like this is you have an artistic director, a hair stylist, a make up artist, a PhotoShop expert, a van full of assistants and lighting equipment, and loads of time for each shot produced... This comment is not to run down the hard working Joe Pro photogrpahers, (and they do work hard) but to point out that my miserable little photographs will still be miserable, even with a $5K Nikon camera... Why? Well, no talent is the foremost reason - but no hair stylist, etc. certainly plays a part also...

denny

ps, it's not clear that all or most of the shots on the site were made with a D2X, btw...

uhhh, having now READ through the site (doh) - after looking at the photos and making my post - it seems from the photographers comments that the shots were all done in the D2X... My compliments to truth in advertising... My comments about the advantages of a shooting budget and expert assistants, stand...

denny

Richard:

Thanks - Lex & I simply thought you were the "whining comic Richard Lewis" & so it's easy :)

As a sidenote - Lex offers great advice here & as one of the moderators here has to review a lot of postings - hence - calls them like he sees them. He tends to be more balanced than me usually as I tend to go off on a tangent.