How to mount hotshoe flash to Super Clamp?

neal_vaughan

Neal, Bogen Super Clamps have screw holes and hole that a Bogen rod can be put into and locked in. Super clamps usually come with a 2 sided brass "knub" that has a 1/4 20 thread and a 3/8th thread on the other side. Getting a slave shoe for off camera work with a screw hole and mount that to the brass screw rod. It is best to use off camera flash on radio slaves because if you use a slave like a Wein that is fired by other flash you'll be in trouble if there are other people shooting.

Just a little advice though... we usually mount power packs in the 2400 w/s range in the rafters with, at the most 2 heads per pack... SB800's aren't really powerful enough to go the distance to give you DOF that you will need.<div>00Epph-27476084.jpg.69eac0beea316c55771a6b2539651fd9.jpg</div>

Not quite a super clamp but I mad a few of these.

Go to the hard ware store and get metal spring clamps. Make sure that they are very tight and almost hard to squeeze. Pull the plastic handle off one side. Most have a hole there if not drill one. Get the adapter that you woild like to use from you favorite photo store and attach. Alot of mounts are different so attach as needed. A little tip to get a small sheet of rubber like what you open jars with to help the clamp from sliping when attached.

Hope it helps.

Thanks for the picture. Looks like I could just attach them via the standard speedlight stand that comes with the flashes.

http://www.adorama.com/NKAS19.html

I wasn't aware it was that easy.

FWIW, I'm knowledgable about the lights I'm using. A couple of the SB-800's will be just fine for the purposes of 10 minute setups/breakdowns in HS gyms.

I'm not fond of the spring clamp, I'd rather use a super clamp.