Galvin view cameras

igor_sitchikhin

Years ago I had a 2X3 Galvin. It was the pefect copy camera in my studio. That's all changed now, of course. I still have some B&W sheet film negs that I shot with it. No complaints at all. I finally sold it because I just wasn't using it enough. Sort of wish I had it back!

BTW, if anyone has some 2X3 film holders that they'd like to sell please contact me off line.

I have a 2x3 Galvin. I really like it. I wouldn't call the design "rough" but rather a bit "imprecise." For example, the only geared adjustment is the focus along the monorail--all other adjustments are friction with teflon pads. It is certainly not in the same league as an Arca-Swiss, Toyo, or other 2x3 monorail cameras. On the other hand, it is much lighter and more compact. My 2x3 Galvin, along with three compact lenses on boards, a loupe, a darkcloth, and a film back, fits into a LowePro Trekker AW waistpack. It's about as compact a view camera setup as I can imagine.

• 2 weeks later...

i hve a galvin 4x5 and absolutely love it! i do all my work backpacking and

climbing and its perfect for that. lite weight and still rugged enough for serious

work. i bought mine of ebay so i have no documentation. if you get some i

would love a copy!

-david