Used MF system suggestions.

wenger

Hey,

Just saw that you made a purchase. Congratulations! I am sure that you will be very pleased and I truly wish you the best of luck. Please check the equipment carefully when you recieve it and DO NOT HESITATE to return it if it is not what was desrcibed! I don't like to bad-mouth anyone, but that company has a very bad reputation for all kinds of reasons (not the least of which was selling me fogged film, ripping off an elderly friend of mine by not returning a rather expensive camera, and seriously misrepresenting the condition of used gear). I will buy nothing from them.

I hope that doesn't cause you to loose any sleep - sorry if it does. I just want to caution you that you must look it over carefully and better yet, take it to someone who knows there stuff and let them check it out - if possible.

Yours,

Paul

Hi Thomas,

There are some well-documented stories. A quick search may uncover some threads on the topic. I have learned to steer away from the big NY companies. B&H is very good and rock solid, no problems, but highly difficult to deal with. I am a native NY'er and I find talking with them on the phone very unpleasant. Another one off my list, although their return policy is excellent and I have never had a reason to complain about their service.

KEH is quite different. I have even been to the office here in Atlanta and I had a good experience. I didn't mean to alarm you; in short I would be cautious, that's all.

I really am sure that you will love shooting 6 x 6. BTW, if I could make a recommendation, Freestyle is a very good place to buy 120 film. Choice of film, use of a tripod, developers, exposure, technique, etc can all bring out the most in your MF experience so consider those points as well.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...