clarence_l

<p>Hello,</p>

<p>I need to find a leg lock to replace the broken one on my Manfrotto

/ Bogen 055 / 3021. Unfortunately it's the old model, using the old

locks with the pivoting levers, and so I cannot use the parts for the

new locks which are more easily found. I'd been unable to find the old

locks anywhere, but I just spotted this on ebay:</p>

<p><a

href="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7533916813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1">http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7533916813&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1</a></p>

<p>Does anyone know if this will fit the upper joints of the legs on

an old manfrotto?</p>

<p>Thank you.</p>

<p>Clarence</p>

Although the measurements are a little coarse, I'm about 98 percent sure that the leg lock in that ebay link is the lower lock for a 3011. I don't know about your 3021, but the older style 3221 with the pivoting levers has the same diameter legs as my 3011. I'm guessing that the 3021 will too. But that won't help you if you need an upper lock. If dimensions are the same, then for an upper lock you need an upper diameter of about 29 1/2 mm (~1 3/16") and a lower of 25 mm (~1")

Thank you very much, Matthew and Brian, for your answers. The dimensions will be especially helpful. I suppose I'll have to keep looking. In the meantime, I'm using a pair of pliers to open and close the locks because the arm has broken. It's not usually too troublesome.

Once again, thanks.

Clarence

If what has broken is the arm or lever, and not the clamp casting itself, I think you could just take the bolt, nut and remains of the old arm out, and replace them with a bolt and wingnut, resembling those on the 3011. The casting is similar.

Assuming the design on yours is similar to the 3021 I have here, there is a little plastic cap over the nut, which you must remove in order to remove the nut. I'm not sure where you could find a wingnut big enough to give you good mechanical advantage but even with a small one you could use those vise grips to tighten it. If you can't find metric, there should be a US size close enough to fit the hole well. It's most convenient if you can find a size with a nut that fits in the little plastic cap, because that's what keeps the nut from turning when you turn the lever.

I'd still call Bogen first, though, and see if the parts are available.