epson 2400 hahnemule 308gm Photo rag too thick?

Hi, I have the Epson 2400. its a great printer. I know the single sheet feeder attachment is

for Ultrasmooth fine art paper (top/back of printer) and the front paper path is for "really

thick" papers/cardboards" I have some Hahnemuhle 308gm Photo Rag paper 13 by 19 and I

think its too thick for the single sheet feeder. Does any one know exact thickness of

hahnemuhle 308 gm Photo Rag? Is it too thick to use in the same paper path as the

watercolor paper and the epson ultrasmooth fine art paper? I really like this paper but I need

to know how thick it is and will it work.

many thanks,

mark

As Elliott has stated, use the single sheet feeder in the back. You have to attach a plastic feed

tray thing back there.

The problem I have with this paper on this printer is that the paper sheds so much that after

a few prints, you will start getting jams. Fortunately, the jam is before anything prints, so you

don't waste anything except time. I now wipe down the printing side of the paper thoroughly

with a clean Swiffer and then blast the paper with compressed air from a can before I feed it

into the printer.

Thank you all for your response. I have the 2200 as well as the 2400 and the paper paths

are very different so I felt i could not assume that the 308 "H" rag would be ok on the

Does anyone know the actual exact thickness of the 308gm hahnemuhle rag? if you do

please let me know.

Also, since some of the responders have the 2400, does anyone know if when you are

setting the paper profiles in the software prior to printing (such as Watercolor, Velvet,

etc)- whether the roller/thcikness path is adjusted automatically by the printer. I think the

4800 and larger "pro" printers adjusts the actual thickness of the paper path using the

single sheet feeders.

Thank,

mark