Harley Wedding Photo

cochranb

The couple I have been working with getting ready to shoot their

wedding has asked me to include his Harley in some of the shots.

Right now, my creativity is on empty. Are there some good examples

somewhere? A quick google search came up with nothing inspiring.

I�m looking for something that would be somewhat glamorous � but not

embarrassing, something fun - but not cheesy.

Looking at biker mags at the local bookstore hasn�t helped � given

that the couple is in their 40�s � that look is probably not what

they are looking for. Also, they are not sure either (other than it

needs to be PG rated).

Thanks

1. Bike sunset bride on back what more could you want.

2. Providing the gas tank is black

you could have a shot of their reflections in the paint beside the HD logo and the rings up at the gas cap.

3. Have the G wearing something like the below (just for fun) and the B looking quite unhappy sitting on the pavement.

Sebastian has good suggestions, but my shirt doesn't say Bride when I ride wearing it! hehehehe

Have the bike parked in a grassy park-like area (bring something for the bike kick-stand so it doesn't sink into the grass.. crushed cans work wonders). Park the bike so the right side is facing you. Have the bride and groom both behind the bike leaning forward with hands on the seat(s). Or post a shot of the bride trying to ride away with the groom running after her. Just get the bike upright, not on kickstand and post edit some motion.

If the groom can do it.. ask him to sit on bike, lean back (like sleeping) with feet up on handlebars.. and bride looking at him as if thinking.. Yup just what I expected.

Obviously you would want lots of pictures of them on the bike, but one alternative shot you could take is of the bike (point of view from the seat of the bike, facing forward, including the controls, handlebars and maybe some of the side of the bike) with the side mirror in focus. Put the bride and groom standing off in the distance behind you so that you see them in the side mirror. Also, be sure to bring some Windex and paper towels with you, just in case. :)

Have fun!

Jen

It's good to think up other, creative ideas and you've got some good suggestions, but I suspect what the couple want is the classic shot of them on the bike with the whole bike showing. Him sitting on it and her perched on the back. 3/4 angle, one from the front end, one from the back end, with them looking back at you over the shoulder, with whatever good background scenery.

Another funny one is him polishing the bike with her dress or veil.