What size filter fitting for Hasselblad lenses?

kryn_sporry1

This may sound like a trivial question to some of you.

I'm fairly new with Hasselblad. I have acquired two lenses: An 80mm

f2.8 Planar synchro compur and a 150mm f4 Sonnar synchro compur.

They both take bayonet type filters. Can someone tell me how I find

out what size/type filter these lenses have? I like to have some

filters, or ring adapters, but I don't know if I should use B50,

B60, B70 etc type filters. How do I find out?

Thanks

Brian, B60 filters fit to newer lenses, this is, the CF, CFi and CFE series lenses with prontor shutter and rubber in focus ring. However, older lenses (C and CT*), all metal, chrome or black, with a synchro compur shutter (as Kryn's lenses) need B50 filters. For both types of lenses is far cheaper to buy a bayonet (either B50 or B60) to thread adapter and use regular threaded filters. The more usual are the B60 to 67 and the B50 to 52 or 58. Probably you already have some threaded filters for your previous camera/s. By the way, bayonet filters can be fit rapidly and whithout effort, and never stick to the lens. This is specially important in cold weather. However, they are more expensive than threaded filters (specially B60). B50 Hasselblad filters can almost only be found used, uncoated or single coated (although very good optically, they are Carl Zeiss, like the lenses), whereas with an adapter you can use modern, multicoated filters.

Jordi

Thanks guys. They are both indeed older C type lenses. I'll go for the adapter because I already have a Lee filter set and an adaptor ring from 67 to 77 (my lee adaptor ring is 77 to fit on my Canon L lenses).

By the way, no, neither the lenses nor the lens caps have anything but the "V" logo on them...