Advice Please! Need Scanner for Hi Res Images Suitable for Albums

ANY modern flatbed scanner will have way more resolution than your printer. 400 dpi is all that's needed for 1:1 scan:print size, and all have sufficient bit depth. Buy what you want, try it, and return it if it angers you or fails to make you happy! The market is full of 11x8.5" flat bed scanners. I got a used HP 1,200 dpi 16-bit USB flatbed for $5.

Click!

Love and hugs,

Peter Blaise peterblaise@yahoo.com http://www.peterblaisephotography.com/

I will have to scan the prints from some of these because they are coming from customers who have their own pictures they want to use.. not from a professional photographer but their own candid shots of their baby, etc. Is there any other way of getting a high res image from someone's print other than scanning?

In that case, for those times when I need to scan documents, old prints or make test pattern prints to balance my viewing monitor, I've got a Canon LiDE scanner I'm fond of. It scans well, has easy-to-use software, has a very small footprint (doesn't take up much computer table space) and has no power cord (it draws its power from its USB connection):

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=productlist&A=details&Q=&sku=364945&is=REG&addedTroughType=search

Just about any flatbed scanner. And what's the photographer going to do, sue you? This is 2005: if the "photographer" has been counting on print sales (ie padding the billing for Walmart work) to make his living, he's already out of business.