High Key or Over-Exposed?

ggoodroe

This subjects skin is as pale as they come, the background is bright, is it 'high key'? Of course it is, the illumination of my keylight was way above the indicated meter reading I was getting in front of Richard, if I ask Richard to step out of the shot, and replace him w/a dark skinned subject and a black background and I use the exact same illumination on the foreground, am I still using 'high key'?

OF COURSE.<div>00Fm7W-29015584.jpg.e4dea87b4d24526d499d615de7ae07b8.jpg</div>

• 2 years later...
<p>forgetting about definitions, as I thought I was going for 'high key. I took pictures in a stainless steel industrial kitchen ,witha nikon d70 and no extra lighting. I took a picture of all the kitchen utensils hanging on the stainless steel splash back. Took a few pics correctly exposed but then wanted a more' hot' or 'high key' or 'over exposed' look to it. I increased the time and played around with my aperture to get either a shallow or deep depth of field and then shot using a tripod to get my desired effect, which I guess would be overblown or overexposed with the stainless steel graduating from bright to almost absent and the black handles still black in the foreground. as i am new at all this is it not really a good photo as it is ovrexposed, even though i like thelook of it? Its also for a scool assigment, andeven though its overexposed , that is how i pefered it to look, more fake and unreal.</p><div>00SEAt-106761584.thumb.jpg.ef3d189b9dd17a61beade517e264f448.jpg</div>