Eos 1 v / eos 1v HS

Pa-cha

As the previous answer suggests there is no difference apart from the provision of the PB-E2 drive as standard. However this does change the handling of the camera. For instance the frame rate increases to 6 frames/second with 8 x AA batteries in the PB-E2 whilst with a Ni-Cad battery this further increase to 10 frames/second...with the standard 1v it is around 3 frames/second.

Also with the PB-E2 you get increased functionality in the upright portrait position with the provision of a main dial, exposure lock and focus point reset , multi-spot FEL and of course shutter release.

The downside of course is the camera is heavier, increasing in weight from c 850g to around 1350g(from memory).

If you have the option go for the 1vHS version, the upright functionality itself makes this for me and I find the extra weight with 8 x AA batteries also makes the camera more stable in the hand.

Hope this helps

Andrew

• 2 months later...

You can increase the frame rate to 8fs by filling in the nodule of the BpE1 battery pack

where it slides into the compartment and get higher frame rate with AA cell batetries.

This is the obvious looking absence of plastic that corresponds with a gap on the

inside of the battery grip body.

Otherwise the BPE2 offers all the same features everyone mentioned above, not 100% sure

about the 10fps rate though. I thought it was slower

G