Nee advice to purchse top quality lenses for my Eos 1n

felice_kinnear

Please Help!

I need advise!

I am looking for top of the line lenses to fit make portraits and

high fashion works of art,and am looking for advice from award

winning or well established photographers who might be able to help?

What is everyones favourite canon lenses for this type of work?If

your out there Albert Watson, I would love to hear from you, you are

a true legend!

-Felice (you can contact me via felice_kinnear@hotmail.com)

ps, if anyone knows how to contact albert watson, or even where to

start please contact me!

A basic book on photography and one on philosophy and/or Art history should be THE place to start.

While there's nothing wrong with being inspired by the works of others it pays to think for yourself. Further, meaningful answers can only come from meaningful questions and in that respect We do best to first to ask ourselves what is it that we do, where we want to go with it, what we want to achieve and WHY we do what we do. Everything else will follow.

There is NO one set of lenses for portraits and/or fashion. The tools are dictated by the creative vision of a given artist. One uses what one thinks can best help achieve one's OWN vision. When we talk about lenses, it could be any of a multitude of available glass (including actual glass bottles), some of which may in fact NOT be "top of the line".

Good Luck and feel free to disregard all that I have said...since I am neither an award winning nor a well estabilshed photog!

With all due respect, it isn't the quality of the hardware in front of the camera that makes for

an award winning photographer. It's the quality of the wetware (the stuff between the

photographer's ears). A good photographer can make an excellent photo with any of the

Canon L lenses (or any other reasonable camera and lens combination). A bad

photographer, without vision or skill, is very likely to produce junk no matter what equipment

is used.

unfortunately, i wouldn't hold out too much hope that mr. watson will email, felice. if albert watson is indeed a <em>true legend</em>, i would severely doubt that he hangs around at online general gear forums.

<p>

(no offense to the scores of unappreciated living legends that we have here at photo.net, of course ;)